How to install Paranoid Android on OnePlus 3?
OnePlus has gained a lot of popularity in a very short span of time. Just a few years ago, no one ever heard of it and now it is a common name in the smartphone world. The products from the company are now compared with flagship devices from brands like Samsung, LG, Apple etc. Excellent specs at an affordable price made OnePlus a great choice and now it is considered as one of the best smartphone manufacturers across the Globe.
You can make your already awesome OnePlus 3 even more awesome by installing the Paranoid Android ROM. The installation process is simple and requires not more than 20 minutes if done properly. To help you experience the better version of your device, here’s a simple guide which helps you install Paranoid Android on your OnePlus 3.
Since Paranoid Android is a custom ROM, you need to make sure your phone is ready for it. Before you install Paranoid Android on your OnePlus 3, make sure that your
- OnePlus 3 has an unlocked bootloader. (This guide works for all the OnePlus devices)
- Download the latest TWRP recovery.
- Install TWRP Recovery on your device.
- Download Paranoid Android for OnePlus 3.
- Gapps Zip (Select the file according to your needs.)
You would be playing with the system files so there are chances that you will damage/brick your device. Make sure you are following all the steps carefully or else your phone will stop working. We would not be responsible at all in such case.
Install Paranoid Android on OnePlus 3
- Move the Paranoid Android ROM Zip file and Gapps to the internal storage of your device.
- Boot your OnePlus 3 in recovery mode.
- Press & Hold Power button + Volume down button.
- In the recovery menu, select “Wipe” and “Wipe Cache & Data from the device”. Do not wipe the data from Internal storage as it stores the ROM File and Gapps File.
- Now select “Install” in the recovery menu, browse for the ROM Zip File and Flash it.
- Follow the same steps to flash the Gapps File as well.
Reboot your OnePlus 3 now. It will boot into Paranoid Android. If it doesn’t boot instantly, don’t worry, the first boot after the flashing process would generally take around 5-10 minutes to boot. In case you come across any problem after or while flashing the ROM, do get in touch with us and we’ll have one of our Android experts on board to help you solve the problem.