How to Install Android Oreo on OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T
OnePlus, the Chinese smartphone maker has already announced the Android Oreo-based public beta for the OnePlus 3 and 3T. Want to experience the Android Oreo on your OnePlus 3 or OnePlus 3T? You don’t have to wait for the official OTA anymore. In this guide, you’ll be walking through the steps to install Android Oreo on the OnePlus 3/3T. A lot of people think that flashing a ROM could lead to no OTA updates in future, but that won’t happen in this case as you’ll be flashing the Stock ROM which is provided by OnePlus itself.
You don’t have to unlock the bootloader or root your OnePlus 3T to install Android Oreo (OxygenOS 5.0) on the device. It’s because it comes straight from OnePlus and is the stock OxygenOS itself. Before beginning with the steps we would like to mention that you’ll be flashing the public beta, which may contain bugs and might not have all the features too. So only flash if you can manage using the phones with the bugs.
Steps to Install Android Oreo on OnePlus 3/3T
- Download the OxygenOS Public Beta for the respective devices.
- Store the downloaded files to the outermost folder on your OnePlus device. This is not a necessary thing to do, but while in recovery, you’ll be easily able to find the file.
- Boot your OnePlus 3 or OnePlus 3T in recovery mode.
- Turn off your OnePlus 3 or OnePlus 3T.
- Press and hold Power button + Volume down button.
- You’ll see the recovery options.
- Once in recovery mode, select the language you are comfortable with, we recommend using English.
- You’ll see multiple options, click on “Install from local” or “Install from SD.”
- Select the OxygenOS 5.0 (Android Oreo) file which you downloaded from the above link and Confirm the installation by selecting “Yes.”
- The installation process will begin, it might take 15-20 minutes for the process to finish, make sure that you don’t turn off the device or press other buttons while the process is going on.
- After the completion of the process, the device will boot up and it might take more than normal time to start, it’s because app optimization and other changes would take place.
- That’s it, you’ve finally installed the Android Oreo on your OnePlus 3 or OnePlus 3T.