How to Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Phones?
Samsung, the South Korean Electronics giant, holds the top 3 spots when it comes to the smartphone market. Installing TWRP recovery on a Samsung device is different than the other phones from other manufacturers. We consider Samsung devices as one of the easiest ones for TWRP recovery installation as you don’t have to go through the unlocking bootloader process.
TWRP recovery is a popular custom recovery. After installing the TWRP recovery, you can root your Samsung device and can further do all kind of things like flashing stock Samsung ROMs, custom ROMs, and custom kernels. Although, for non-Samsung devices, we only unlock the bootloader and flash the recovery using ADB and fastboot commands. However, for Samsung phones, we use ODIN tool.
How to install TWRP recovery on Samsung Phones?
Samsung released a tool called ODIN to make things easier for the support team. However, the tool is now publicly available to everyone. You just have to download the Odin tool, select some options mentioned below and the installation begins. The best thing about this tool is you don’t have to write commands, and you can also do a lot of stuff such as installing the stock ROM, flashing the radio, modem, etc.
Things to Check:
- Download TWRP Recovery File for your Samsung Device. Ensure to download .tar file of TWRP recovery for your Samsung device only then you will be able to flash it using Odin.
- Download Odin Tool on your PC.
- Also, enable the OEM unlock. Go to Settings > About Phone > Build Number for 7 times. You will get a flash message stating the Developer’s access.
- Go back to Settings > Developer Options > OEM Unlock and enable it.
Flashing the TWRP Recovery using Odin
- Unzip the downloaded Odin File. Run & install it.
- Now, you need to boot your Samsung phone into Download mode.
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold ‘Home + Power + Volume down’ buttons for a few seconds until you see a warning screen.
- Now, press Volume Up button and you will enter the Download mode.
- Connect your Samsung device (when it is download mode) to the PC via USB Cable. You will see an ‘Added’ message on the Odin window confirming that your device is connected to PC.
- Click on the AP tab on Odin window and select the TWRP recovery file. Make sure that it is a .tar file, in case it isn’t, your device might soft brick.
- Keep all the other settings untouched and click on start button on Odin. Wait for the process to get complete. Once completed, you will see a pass message on Odin Window.
- Your device will automatically reboot when Odin is done with the TWRP flashing.
- Now again switch off the device and press & hold ‘Home + Power + Volume Up’ for few seconds. As soon as you see the Samsung Logo on screen, release the three button and your device will boot into TWRP Recovery Mode.
There are chances that this process may wipe the entire data from your phone so we strongly suggest you to take the complete backup before installing TWRP recovery on your Samsung device.