How to Root Xiaomi Redmi 5A?
Xiaomi, the Chinese smartphone company launched the Xiaomi Redmi 5A phone in October 2017. As devices keep getting older, their performance deteriorates, that’s where the open-source nature of Android comes to your help. Rooting your device would help you to push the limits of your device. After rooting, you’ll be able to do much more with the same device. In case you are new to rooting, you shall consider reading our beginners guide to Android rooting.
The steps are very easy to follow but at the same time, it is very important that you have to do it correctly. Failing to follow any of the steps may brick the device or get stuck in bootloop. So make sure that you are following the procedure correctly.
Downloads and Requirements
The SuperSU Zip File is going to patch your phone and enables root access. if you are looking for an alternative, you shall try using Magisk. However, Chainfire’s SuperSU is preferred by many people.
The Lazy flasher zip file is used to disable DM verity of your device. In simple terms, it disables forced encryption of your ROM. Failing to flash Lazyflasher file results in bootloop. So make sure that you will follow the steps without any fail. Now, let’s take a look at the steps.
Steps to root your Xiaomi Redmi 5A
- Copy SuperSU zip file and Lazy flasher zip file to your phone.
- Turn off your device.
- Boot to recovery mode by pressing Power Button + Volume Up Button.
- TWRP recovery would open up, click on “Install“
- Select SuperSU zip file in your device storage and swipe the option saying Swipe to confirm flash.
- Once the installation is succeeded, flash Lazy flasher zip file by following the same steps.
- Click on “Reboot to system” to boot your phone normally.
- Your device might reboot multiple times and booting time might be little longer than usual. This is an expected scenario. So don’t panic and turn off your device.
Once the device boots up, scroll down your app drawer and try to find an app called SuperSU. This is the root manager app that controls root access when other applications request root privileges on your device.
Rooting opens infinite possibilities with your device. But great power comes with great responsibilities. With root access, 3rd party apps can now make modifications to your system. So please make sure that you are choosing apps from a trusted source. At the brighter side, now you can customize your phone according to your wish. You can even remove unwanted system apps from your phone that comes with stock software tampering with your device performance and battery life. Please reach out to us in the comment section below if you encounter any issues or want to know more about the possibilities with a rooted device.