Unlocking the bootloader of your LG V30 has never been so easy and with the tutorial that you’re going to follow here, you will have a bootloader unlocked LG V30 in your hands within a matter of few minutes. If you’re unlocking the bootloader for the first time, then you should be aware of the fact that, the process might void the warranty of your device.
How to Unlock the Bootloader of the LG V30
Before starting, just make sure that you take a backup of everything that’s on your LG V30. The unlocking the bootloader of the device will result in a complete wipe of your device. You will lose all the settings, data and everything stored on the phone and hence it makes sense to back up your device and data. Let’s start with the requirements and downloads that you will need in order to bootloader unlock LG V30.
Downloads & Requirements
Download the following ADB tools for your computer and save it where you can access them easily.
Now that you have downloaded the ADB Drivers, just keep the following things handy as you will need them.
- IMEI number: Just open up the dialer on the phone and dial *#06#. Write down the 16-digit IMEI number.
- Device ID: If you don’t already have your device ID, then you need to use the ADB tools to find yours. You will read how to do it in the procedure section below.
- Device Charged above 80%
Unlocking the Bootloader
- Start by visiting the link on the LG website. Click on the Create Account tap in the navigation menu and go ahead and create an account for yourself.
- After your account is all set up, you should visit the Unlock Bootloader page on the LG website. Click on “How to unlock the Bootloader.”
- Before you go any further, make sure you have the IMEI number and the Device ID of your LG V30. Both of these things are important.
- If you don’t have a Device ID, just follow the sub-procedure below.
- Enable the Android Developer options: Go to Settings > About > Software Info > Build Number and Tap it for 7 times.
- On your LG V30, go to Settings and search for USB Debugging. Turn it on and then connect your phone using the USB cable to a PC.
- On your PC, just open the ADB tools folder. Now that the folder has opened, just keep the SHIFT key on your keyboard pressed and right-click in the window to see an option that says Open command/PowerShell window here.
- Click on the option and you will see that a new command/PowerShell window opens up.
- In this window, just type adb devices
- After you have typed and pressed enter for that command, just check your phone and tap on Allow.
- After you have tapped on Allow, type in the next command: adb reboot bootloader
- The phone will boot into fastboot mode and you need to enter the next command here: fastboot oem device-id
- You will see a some characters in two different lines on the screen. They will look like the following:
(PC User)$ fastboot oem device-id (bootloader)----------------------------------------------------------------- (bootloader) Device-ID (bootloader) CD58B679A38D6B613ED518F37A05E013 (bootloader) F93190BD558261DBBC5584E8EF8789B1 (bootloader)-----------------------------------------------------------------
- The two different lines of characters you see when combined is your Device ID. So for this, your device ID will be CD58B679A38D6B613ED518F37A05E013F93190BD558261DBBC5584E8EF8789B1.
- Now that you have your Device ID, you now have to visit this page on LG’s website and click on Start Unlocking the Bootloader.
- Fill in all the details on the page like the IMEI number and the Device ID.
- Now, hover your mouse on the Select your device drop down and right click on it.
- After right clicking, just click on Inspect Element.
- Edit out the option that reads LGUS997 and change it to LGUS998.
- After it is edited and every field of the page is populated, just click on Confirm.
- LG will send you an email with the unlock key which you need to download.
- Now again, connect your phone to the PC using the USB cable and open the command window. You need to type adb reboot bootloader again.
- The phone will restart into fastboot mode.
- Now copy the downloaded unlock.bin file from the email and move it to the folder where you have opened the command window for ADB.
- Now type in: fastboot flash unlock unlock.bin.
- You will see that some process has been executed on the command window. After the process is complete, just type: fastboot reboot.
- This will reboot your phone. Again type in the command: adb reboot bootloader.
- After the phone is in bootloader mode, type another command: fastboot getvar unlocked.
This command is for the verification of bootloader unlock and if you see unlocked: yes on the screen, this means you have successfully unlocked your bootloader of your LG V30.
Unlocked the Bootloader? What Next?
Unlocking bootloader of the device is one of the first steps to be done. Without unlocking it, one can’t flash a custom recovery (which is required for rooting or flashing ROMs.) Below is a list of things you can consider doing.
- Install TWRP recovery on LG V30.
- Root the LG V30.
- Flash Custom ROMs for the LG V30.
- Remove the Bloatware from your LG V30.
- Install Xposed Framework on the LG V30.
Just for your information: Neither the author nor the site would be responsible for the damage while or after following the process. By following the steps, you held yourself responsible.